Technicus Consulting’s engineers have a wealth of experience working in the healthcare sector, both direct with the NHS, and private healthcare trusts.
Our engineers’ experience ranges from design and detailing of simple structural alterations to existing hospital facilitates, through to design of new ward extensions and standalone department buildings.
Examples of projects that our engineers have undertaken and managed include:
- Design of new hospital wards and extensions;
- Design of MRI scanning facilities;
- Design of CT scanning facilities;
- Structural appraisal of existing ward structures to support high loads from birthing pools;
- Design of plant room extensions;
- Verification of existing floor structures to support increased loading due to change of use;
- Design of hospital building strengthening works to facilitate use by bariatric patients;
- Design of medical equipment support frames and structures;
- Bed-to-bath hoist systems;
We are familiar with preparing structural designs in accordance with NHS Health Building Notes (HBN) and Health Technical Memoranda (HTM) guidance documents, and other relevant documents.
Our engineers have undertaken projects in various healthcare facilities throughout East Anglia, including:
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Kings Lynn;
- Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital, Colney, Norwich;
- James Paget Hospital, Gorleston;
- Carlton Court Hospital, Lowestoft.