Technicus Consulting is able to offer a comprehensive range of civil engineering design and consultancy services, from planning through to detailed design. We recognise the importance of our early involvement in a scheme to obtain the maximum benefit for our clients and stakeholders. We provide services to a wide range of clients, including waterfront site owners, developers, industrial and commercial clients, farmers and private owners.
We offer Civil Engineering design and consultancy services for the following, and more:
- Hydraulic Analysis and Simulation Modelling of Foul & Surface Water Drainage Systems using Specialist Software
- Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SuDS)
- Calculation of Surface Water Run-Off From Greenfield Sites, Previously Developed Sites & Proposed Developments
- Exceedance Flow Planning
- Assessment of Capacity of Existing Drainage Systems to Support Additional Flows
- Storm Water Flow Attenuation (On-line & Off-line Storage)
- Drainage Fields
- Drainage System Modelling
- Highways and External Hardstandings
- Highway Authority Consultation
- Section 106 & Section 278 Highways Adoption Approvals
- Design of Adoptable Highways Structures & Drainage
- Drainage Adoption Approvals
- Drainage Strategy Reports
- Flood Embankments & Defence Structures
- Consultation with Local Lead Flood Authority (LLFA) and Environment Agency
- Flood Defence Feasibility Reports
- Retaining Walls
- Tank Bunds
- Quay headings
- COMAH compliance
We are also able to offer a comprehensive range of services to support the planning process, including feasibility studies, topographical and measured surveys, Transport Advice, Flood Risk Assessments and Site Investigation.
We work closely with selected specialists and professional practices, to provide the following services:
- Site Ground Investigation
- Topographical surveys
- Measured surveys
- Contamination Investigations
- Plate Bearing Load Testing
- Soil Infiltration Testing
- Flood Risk Assessments
- Travel Plans
- Transport Statements
- Transport Assessments
- Energy Services, including Energy Audits and Assessments, Renewable Energy Feasibility Studies, Domestic SAP Assessments, Commercial SBEM Assessments
- Arboricultural Surveys
Quay and Marine Structure Appraisals
Our Engineers have undertaken numerous appraisals of quay headings, from shallow inland waterways, to deep river ports and harbours with depths in excess of 7m. Appraisals are undertaken by qualified Engineers, coordinating dive teams, who carry out visual appraisals and tactile examinations, above and below the water line. Risk Assessments and method statements are prepared for our staff and specialist sub-contractors, such as divers and contractors, undertaking invasive investigations under our direction.
Appraisals include pre-acquisition reports, condition surveys for planned maintenance and following vessel impacts and specific defect investigation such as for deterioration due to "accelerated low water corrosion" (ALC).
Further investigations include soundings, recording topographical and structural features; metal thickness testing; site investigation, boreholes, trial pits, etc; contamination appraisals and investigations; exploratory investigations of tie rods and other features, and analysis of behaviour and calculation checks.
Our Engineers have undertaken schemes for the replacement of quay headings for inland waterways and harbours, following emergency works or appraisals. We work closely with the client to establish a strategy for repairs, replacement or monitoring, taking into account economic, environmental and commercial considerations. Reconstruction is not always appropriate, viable or desirable.
Experience of appraisals of jetties and leisure piers and structural alterations and strengthening works to numerous marine structures.